Nothing matters more at Spartan than quality.
We supply quality components and precision products to many commercial aerospace, military aerospace, firearms, defense, and vehicle manufacturers. Our processes and systems assure Spartan maintains our long-standing commitment to excellence.
- Min Max system for historical usage
- Close partnerships with raw material suppliers for exotic materials
- Monthly on-site meetings with material suppliers eliminate surprises
- Partner with many hydroform, heat treat, plating, and coating sources
- Two 10-hour daily shifts to meet tight deadlines
- Lean principles including Flow, Pull, KANBAN
- Monthly review of production scorecard drives lean processes
- Monthly management and employee metrics review for continuous improvement
- Materials control lab for laser and weld testing
- Certified FPI testing onesite
- Imaging inspection system
- Zeiss scanning CMM 1 meter X 2 meter with gage calibration accuracy
- TESA Electronic Height Gage
Commitment To Excellence Is Multi-Layered
- Manufacturing Corrective Action Board
- SPC Team minimizes process variation
- Continuous improvement meetings include all employees
- Improved workplace environment with 6S implementation throughout facility
- QCPC real-time feedback from employees to improve processes
- Value stream mapping eliminates waste and reduces production times
- Weekly business process work reviews maximize performance
- Component proofing increases defect prevention
- Worker skills continually enhanced through local technical university training
- Our 5 C's: Integrated Management System Policy
Supplier Quality Manual
The 5 C's: Spartan’s Integrated Management System Policy
Meet customer and industry quality requirements and standards regarding delivery, performance and service.
Achieve and maintain compliance with all applicable environmental, legal and other requirements.
Continually improve our methods and systems to preserve customer satisfaction, the environment and to prevent pollution.
Communicate this policy openly to stakeholders, interested parties, authorities, customers and communities.
Cultivate an environment that encourages employees to achieve the quality and environmental objectives of the organization.